Tryouts for the 2019 summer baseball season will be held on August 25th and 26th at Snyder Park.
The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, August 25th:
14-15 year olds: 9am-11am
13 year olds: 11am-1pm
12 year olds: 1pm-3pm
8-9 year olds: 3pm-5pm
Sunday, August 26th:
10 year olds: 11am-1pm
11 year olds: 1pm-3pm
- Registration will again be done online. We are working on getting that setup, so you should be receiving an email early next week with the link to register.
- If you cannot make your assigned tryout time, you need to let us know ahead of time. The makeup date will be September 8th, but please try to make the first tryout.
- The age level cutoff will again be April 30th. Whatever age your son is on April 30th, 2019 is the age level he will tryout for. There will be one exception to this rule this year. As long as your son doesn’t violate the age requirement, he can play with his grade as well. For example, if your son is 10 on April 30th, but his classmates are 11, he can tryout for the 11 year old team. However, if he wants to play traveling ball and does not make the 11AA team, he would then be placed on the 11A team, not the 10AA team. If your son is 11 and his classmates are 10, he will not be allowed to play on the 10 year old team because it would violate the age requirement. Please let us know if your son is going to try out by grade instead of age and come to the appropriate tryout.
- There will be a minimum score that your son needs to achieve to play on an A team. If your son does not achieve that score, he will have the opportunity to play in the in-house league through Albert Lea Community Baseball.
- We will have a minimum of 12 kids on all A level teams this year. If there are not enough kids at a certain age group to achieve this, age groups may need to be combined. For example, if there are 7 - 13 year olds and 6 - 12 year olds, they may be combined to for a 13U team.
- You will again be asked the following question: If your son scores high enough to qualify for a weekend traveling team (AA), would you be interested? If you have questions about what the AA schedule consists of, please talk to a parent of a kid that played AA or talk to a board member.
- We will again look to have a 14AA team, and two 14/15A teams. This will all depend on how many kids we have at tryouts. 14 year olds that are willing to travel will fill out the 14AA team. Then the rest of the 14 and 15 year old kids will be lumped together and will fill out the other two teams with the higher scoring kids on the Blue team.
- We will be renaming our A and AA teams to Red and Blue. AA teams will now be called Blue and A teams will be called Red.
- We are working with the Metro Baseball League to create a southern region for the AA teams that want to play league. The A teams will continue to play in the South Central League. This is a work in progress but hopefully will be completed for next summer.
- Fees will not increase for the upcoming season, but pants will not be included. There will be more information to come.